Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Bad Day - with a positive outlook.

 I had a bad day yesterday.  My healing has not been going as I wanted. I had my follow up CT scan yesterday and this was the update.   I had cerebral tear in which cause my brain to bleed and the scull fracture. In addition, my loss of smell will be kind of permanent. I can not ride my bike because of my head trauma, Doctors are extremely cautious because if I hit my head with something it can cause severe to my brain.  They prescribed an anti-inflammatory to promote circulation in my brain and helping the healing. The scaring in the brain is not going well.   Therefore, I am just taking it easy. I can't bike outside, but I can bike on my trainer. I am allowed to run.... that makes me happy. I can't swim yet because of my wound in my leg haven't healed. I am sad. I can't race for a while... but that is okay. My health comes first and I have to set an example for my athletes.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Hector, I know first hand how hard it can be have something you enjoy and love so much taken away from you. It's very hard to stay positive and to look forward when you are in a bad way, but you have to. I know that you will come back stronger and will appreciate even more the little things in life - like sweating your ass off on a long ride!
    Jon Noland

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can not control everything that happens to us, only how we react to the challenges presented. Hang in there! You're a very strong person and I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete