Friday, August 17, 2012

Two days before Race Day - IM Mont Tremblant

 Day Three IM Mont Tremblant

Woke up with daylight... haven’t done that in a  long while. I then noticed it was only 5 am. The weather is nice cool and crisp. I then went to the swim start for a swim at 7 am and a 30 min run. It felt great! 

The view is amazing! No complaints at all. Got back to the Hotel and the staff knew me already and provided me a salad bowl for my spinach and  egg white omelet. 

Went for the tour bike route... the bike ride isn’t that bad.... just a few rollers. I’m excited for the race. This is my strategy plan for the race:

Swim - Front of the pack
Bike - Hold back on the bike... keep my power at 175 watts. Don’t go above 230 watts... if there is no way I can control it going up the hill... I will have to pace myself. 
Run - Hold back till mile 18. I will be doing 10 and 1.... nice and steady... I can’t start to hard cause then I will die. I have to remember New Zealand in 2009. I had a very successful run... I will need to replicate that again. It will happen even I have to hold significantly on the bike. I feel very good for this race. 

We were meant for great things! This is just an opportunity in which God has given us to showcase what we are capable. I hope people understand the strong will, mentality and drive that we as triathletes have! Anything is possible!






No comments:

Post a Comment