I was reading a scripture today in which says that "God will know what truly is in our hearts"..... I so agree with that. Now ask yourself.... when was the last time you prayed?
I was looking back in many of the races I have done in my life... (OMG... I'm getting old.!) I remember that especially in our darkest moments and the moments we are in excruciating pain we ask God in prayer for strength, perseverance and power.... so he can take us to the finish line. After we cross the finish line.... we thank God and celebrate our success.... However there is one thing that we forget, when we asked God for all these things... we also told him that we were going to do certain things, such as: feed the homeless, go to Church, call your parents, save the children... something down the lines.... push comes to shove... you never followed through.
However, your next race is upon you and you want to look back and remember... there is going to be a moment in which we are going to ask for higher power, we are going to ask for the same things and promise more stuff... in which you are not going to do! Therefore, God is forgiving.... but you have to do your part! I've learned it.... the hard way.
Therefore, start doing the things your promise... because sooner or later... it will always come back.
Today was a great day for me. Getting ready for my trip to Madison! Setting up my race plan and strategy. Thank you to Kameel A and Dr. Michael M. I get there Thursday, September 8.... love it. One of the songs in which I have playing over and over in my head is Fly from Nicki Minaj and Vox Populi from 30 Sec to Mars.
It will be a great race.
No comments:
Post a Comment